ABT Chapter 0044 Li's Bargaining Strategy

Chapter 0044 Li's Bargaining Method


Li Fanyu looked at the workshops in the used car trading center, feeling both frustrated and helpless.


Damn it, if I had known you were going to do this, I would have just built an extension onto my repair shop, wouldn't I? What's with this unexpected application here? Do I really have to buy it out?


Looking at the vast expanse of land, Li Fanyu felt his wallet trembling.


He clenched his right hand tightly, gritting his teeth as he rubbed it.


Ah, I've loved you in my own way. If you hadn't owed me, how could I bear to hit you?


But the thought of someone else using X technology in their place made him clench his hand even harder.


You owe me, you owe me!


Looking at the large seal on the workshop, Li Fanyu let out a long sigh. At this point, he could only go to court.


On the other hand, Director Ma had already dialed all his clients' numbers, over a hundred bosses of various sizes, but not one was willing to be a white knight.


Now that the trading center's infrastructure was all set up, whoever bought it would face a problem—everything that didn't fit the plan would have to be torn down.


The cost of tearing it down would be enormous, so it would be more profitable to just choose a blank piece of land.


After hanging up the phone, tears welled up in Director Ma's eyes.


"Do I really have to lose this piece of land?"


Even if he sold it for four million, no, three million! Keeping the bad debt within a certain range, with a bit of manipulation, he could just barely cover the difference!


He gritted his teeth and picked up the phone again.


"Hello? Director Wang, it's me, Old Ma. Can you arrange another auction for me, for that piece of land... What? Who contacted you? Give me his number, I'll talk to him myself!"


So, Li Fanyu was invited to Director Ma's office.


As soon as he entered, he smelled a strong scent of tea.


Director Ma had felt over the phone that the other party was very young, but when he saw him in person, he was still surprised.


He didn't expect that the person contacting him to buy the land would look so young.


Now, this young man in front of him was his lifesaver, so he dared not show any hint of disdain. He quickly invited Li Fanyu to sit down and served him tea respectfully.


Li Fanyu held the teacup and drank it all in one gulp. Besides feeling a bit hot, he didn't notice anything special.


Director Ma's eye twitched. Wasn't this the top-grade Dahongpao from Wuyi Mountain? Were rich people nowadays drinking tea like it was water? Or was this guy not even remotely wealthy?


But the smile on his face didn't diminish at all. "Young man, are you sure you want that piece of land?"


Li Fanyu glanced around as soon as he entered the room, sensing there was more to it here. Bankers, especially those from state-owned banks, usually held funds and were quite arrogant.


But as soon as he walked in, they were being polite and offering tea. There must be something going on here.


Putting down the teacup, Li Fanyu smiled innocently, "Just inquiring, if the price is right, I might consider."


Director Ma felt a bit relieved hearing him say that. Having an interest was a good start.


But since there was an interest, he had to raise the price. He crossed his legs and said, "Ah, that piece of land, anyone could take it now. You probably know that it used to belong to Baocheng Company. Now that Baocheng is in trouble, they're selling it off. My office has been swamped with people coming for it these past few days. Let me tell you..."


Li Fanyu thought, What the heck? You're trying to play me with two sentences? You were so eager on the phone earlier, and now that I'm interested, you're playing games?


So, Li Fanyu stood up directly and turned to leave.


Director Ma maintained his air of sophistication, just a second ago he was concocting ways to make the other party feel like this was a piece of Feng Shui treasure land that was about to be snatched away calmly. But the next second, he directly turned into a desperate "Please don't go, please, please take this land" kind of demeanor. He grabbed Li Fanyu's arm, "Bro, don't leave, let's discuss, let's discuss!"


Li Fanyu only sat back on the sofa after this, sneering coldly. Li's Bargaining Method, First Move: Feigning disinterest!


Hmph, I've been bargaining since I was seven when I helped my mom buy groceries. This bargaining method was personally passed down by my mother! Trying to play these tricks with me? Too naive!


Director Ma didn't let go of his arm, "Um, bro, give me a bottom line, how much do you want for it?"


Li Fanyu extended two fingers.


"Two million? No way, that's not negotiable. Let me tell you about that land..."


Before he could finish, Li Fanyu interrupted him, "Not two million, two hundred thousand. I just want those few workshops."


Li's Bargaining Method, Second Move: Offer 10% of the retail price!


"What!?" Director Ma instantly exploded in anger. "That's not possible! That land is being sold as a whole, if you just want those few workshops, what about the rest?"


As Li Fanyu stood up to leave again, he was pulled back once more.


"Bro, think about it again, as long as you take that land, I'll help you out with some policies."


Li Fanyu smirked inwardly. He had planned it out before he came. With the future upgrades of X app, he would definitely need a larger space for showcasing black technology. But that piece of land was too big, and he had only managed to save up a little money. It was hard to suddenly fork out more, and he was a bit reluctant.


Li Fanyu: "Ahem, bro, I didn't come by this money easily, what would I do with something useless?"


Li's Bargaining Method, Third Move: Depreciate the value of the goods!


Director Ma: "Alright, bro, fifty million, you take that piece of land, and I'll help you apply for a low-interest loan, how about that?"


Li Fanyu: "I'll just leave."


Director Ma: "Not fifty million, thirty million, thirty million, it's over twenty hectares of land!"


Li Fanyu: "Hehe, am I buying it to raise horses?" Li's Bargaining Method, Fourth Move: Continue to depreciate the value of the goods!


Director Ma: "This won't work!? Alright, thirty million, thirty million really can't be less! But in the future, if you have any business problems, just say the word, I'll help you with investment attraction, and you'll be tax-exempt!"


The fifth move, the sixth move, the seventh move...


In Director Ma's office, Li Fanyu and he "joyfully" talked for over an hour. Finally, with Director Ma conceding repeatedly, Li Fanyu settled on the price of twenty-five million for that piece of land.


Additionally, no matter what business Li Fanyu conducted, it would fall under the scope of investment attraction. He wouldn't have to pay taxes for five years.


Even so, spending almost half of his savings made him deeply distressed.


One cannot predict the future, otherwise, Li Fanyu would have been laughing in his dreams today. Over the next five years, just the tax exemption alone would save him billions.


Of course, that's a story for another day.


NEXT

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 001: Charity Tycoon System

Chapter 002: I Love Doing Good Deeds, I Love Helping Others Have Fun

Chapter 003: Beauty, Need Any Help?