ABT Chapter 0118

 Li Fanyu quickly reassured him a few times, and Cheng's dad calmed down.

If we were to talk about the most harmful things to a family after marriage for a man, it would be impotence, lack of money, and secretly meeting a first love.

Impotence is a disease that can be cured. Lack of money is a matter of luck and can be earned. But being caught secretly meeting a first love by your wife, heh heh heh. This will be a stain on a man's life, even if his wife forgives him, she will bring it up from time to time to teach him a lesson.

So, it's better for a man to avoid meeting his first love after marriage. If he really misses her and insists on contacting her, please... well, I can't think of a good way either.

Cheng's dad was just being stupid. He just had a meal and caught up with an old college classmate, but unfortunately, he was seen by Cheng's mom's friend. As a result, there was trouble at home.

Cheng's mom is usually a reasonable person, but women, my comrades, when they get jealous, it's beyond the laws of physics, let me tell you.

This matter first erupted in the bedroom. Why was Cheng's dad wearing a scarf in such a hot place like the café? He had a neck injury!

Later, things escalated. Cheng's mom added fuel to the fire and even subjectively speculated, and reported the situation to Cheng's grandparents. The old couple didn't know the real reason and thought their son was cheating. How could they tolerate that? Cheng's grandfather, a veteran revolutionary, couldn't stand for this. He immediately resorted to the old method of child-rearing—beating with a big shoe.

Poor Cheng's dad, a chairman of the board, was blasted to bits. And he was not even in the right, so he could only feel aggrieved and frustrated.

Facing his wife's sarcasm and ridicule at home, he finally exploded—what's the big deal with divorce? Let's do it!

So things got out of control and became irreparable.

Li Fanyu blinked his eyes, feeling immensely satisfied with his gossip heart. Ah, seeing an experienced driver crash is truly enjoyable.

But while he felt schadenfreude in his heart, he couldn't show it on his face. As Cheng's dad narrated, he occasionally expressed understanding and solidarity, which truly boosted Cheng's dad's favorability.

The two chatted for over an hour before Cheng's dad yawned and said, "Well, it's getting late, you should go back. I have some work to do at my company tomorrow and need to go back first. Please help me persuade Keke. Oh, by the way, I forgot to ask for your name after all this time."

"Uncle, my name is Li Fanyu."

"Li Fanyu... why does that name sound so familiar?"

"Did Keke mention me to you?"

"No, our daughter never mentioned you. I think... I've seen it in the newspaper... oh! I remember now, you designed the ZGX888 engine, right?"

Li Fanyu's heart surged with excitement. Look at you! Look at you! I'm famous now!

He pretended to be modest, "Yes, that's right, I designed it."

Cheng's dad then looked at him seriously and asked, "You're not bad, well done. I read in the newspaper that the ZGX888 is about to go into mass production, how's the progress now? Any difficulties?"

Li Fanyu's smile froze on his face. "Um... actually, it's already in mass production, but there's no market for it."

Cheng's dad laughed, "I thought you would face this dilemma, as expected."

Li Fanyu wasn't happy. What kind of person is this, still kicking a man when he's down? He doesn't expect me to help persuade his daughter anymore?

"Oh, sorry. You see, when the parameters of your engine were exposed in the newspaper, I felt that the ZGX888's tone was set too high, so I made a prediction about it at the company meeting."

Seeing Li Fanyu's puzzled expression, Cheng's dad ordered another coffee and continued, "The ZGX888 looks great on paper, but when you designed this engine, you probably didn't do market research, am I right?"

Li Fanyu nodded. It was all under the influence of system bugs; there was no market research.

Cheng's dad sipped his coffee. "Actually, if you think about it carefully, most of our country's car brands are economical, with mostly compact and A-segment cars, right?"

"Um, yes."

"So what displacement do most A-segment cars use?"

"1.6L or 1.5T."

"So, who would buy your 1.8T? The slightly higher-end cars are mostly foreign brands, and they have their own technical reserves. Would they use your engine?"

Li Fanyu slapped his forehead, suddenly awakened! But then he realized a problem: why does Cheng's dad know so much about this?

"Uncle, are you also in the automotive industry?"

Cheng's dad nodded with a smile. "Sort of, but I'm not in the whole car business. Let me tell you, as long as it's a car produced in China, most of the seats and interiors are made by our company. Yuan Da Group, ever heard of it?"

Li Fanyu was amazed. Yuan Da, oh my! Top 500 companies in China! Please take me along, experienced driver!

"Uncle, then what do you think? Is my engine doomed to fail?"

Cheng's dad calculated for a moment and replied, "Not necessarily. Since you're helping me take care of our girl, as a gesture of reciprocity, I should repay you. How about this, let me think of a solution when I get back. But since there's this favor, there are some things I need to say. Kid, let me tell you, regardless of your relationship with our Keke, whether as friends or potential partners, you must maintain proper boundaries and principles. Otherwise, I won't let you off, understand!"

Li Fanyu shuddered; damn it! How can this guy turn hostile so quickly?

But with a sudden glimmer of hope for the ZGX888, he had no choice but to lower his head. Li Fanyu repeatedly promised to adhere to the principles of a decent person, fulfill his responsibilities, and never harbor unrealistic hopes for Cheng Ke. Cheng's dad finally felt relieved and formally exchanged phone numbers with him before parting ways.

A night passed without incident.

The next day, around nine o'clock, Li Fanyu, still in his sleep, received a text message from Cheng's dad; "Yulu Hotel, Room 555. I've left Tiancheng and gone to see Keke. Don't get any crooked ideas, report by phone."

Li Fanyu, the comfort man, officially went to work.

He quickly got up, washed his face hastily, and headed to the hotel where Cheng's parents stayed last night.

The couple had urgent business and had flown out of Tiancheng early in the morning. Cheng Ke insisted on not leaving with them, so Cheng's dad, who had long planned this move, sent Li Fanyu this message.

Carrying breakfast bought outside the school, Li Fanyu found the door and knocked. After a while, the sound of slippers came from inside.

The soundproofing of the door was excellent, and Cheng Ke's voice sounded muffled, "Who is it?"

Li Fanyu stood in front of the door, holding up the breakfast in his hand. "Keke, it's me. I bought breakfast for you!"

The door opened, and Cheng Ke pursed her lips, expressing her current state of mind in three words.

"I don't want it, blue, thin, mushrooms."


NEXTNEXT

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 001: Charity Tycoon System

Chapter 002: I Love Doing Good Deeds, I Love Helping Others Have Fun

Chapter 003: Beauty, Need Any Help?